Innovative Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Zhejiang University (Yuhang)is jointly established by Zhejiang University and Hangzhou Yuhang Economic-technological Development Areaaiming to build an international first-class biomedical innovation and transformation base with the goal of Innovation-Driven, Local-Service, Achievement-Transformation, Market-Oriented. It was established at the end of 2019, the Institute selects and incubates innovative biomedical transformation projects to accelerate the transformation of original academic achievements. According to the spirit of the first meeting of the Management Committee of Innovative Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Zhejiang University (Yuhang) and the constitution of the Institute, the first batch selection of innovative biomedical transformation project in 2020 is launched.
Special features of innovative biomedical transformation project of the Institute:
1. The Institute aims to transform the original academic achievements, and strives to incubate a number of global initiative or original innovation biomedical projects. As long as your achievements have enough originality and innovation or have great clinical demand potential, you can participate in the application.
2. The Innovation Medicine Incubation Platform under the Institute now includes pharmacodynamic evaluation platform and drug screening platform, which can provide professional pre-clinical research technology guidance for the early basic academic achievements of biomedicine. Among them, the pharmacodynamic evaluation platform is an AAALAC certified comprehensive animal experiment platform, and the drug screening platform has a drug screening system characterized by ion channels and GPCR.
3. The Institute provides incubation fundings and one-to-one project management team for the selected projects. The team members are composed of personnel from the project management department, technical experts from the Innovation Incubation Platform and experts from the corresponding fields of the project, and tailors a professional incubation scheme for each project.
4. The Institute is gradually establishing cooperative relationships with investment funds and large pharmaceutical enterprises, which will continue supportthe incubation projects and help them further industrialize until they are put into the market.
5. The projects incubated successfully can be preferentially implemented in Hangzhou Yuhang Economic-technological Development Area, supported with relevant policies, subject to the relevant policies issued by Hangzhou Yuhang Economic-technological Development Area.
Thenotice of the first batch selection of innovative biomedical transformation project application in 2020 is as follows:
1.Project applicant and application conditions
Scientific researchers engaged in biomedical research in universities, research institutes and other scientific research institutions, mastering original scientific and technological achievements independently developed with certain transformation prospects, including but not limited to innovative medicine, disease diagnosis products, cell therapy and medical devices.
(1) Innovative medicine: newly synthesized or newly discovered targeted compounds, newly discovered disease treatment targets, etc.
(2) Disease diagnosis products: new diagnostic reagents for diseasesin vitro, including clinical biochemical reagents, immunodiagnostic reagents and molecular diagnostic reagents, etc.
(3) Cell therapy: new cell therapy technology, including stem cell therapy and immunotherapy.
(4) Medical devices: new medical devices for disease and rehabilitation treatment.
2. Application materials
（1） Application form for innovative biomedical transformation project of Innovative Biomedical Transformation Projects of Innovative Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Zhejiang University (Yuhang) (signature scanning copy).
（2） Relevant supporting materials: previous achievements / data supporting materials, including but not limited to unpublished or published scientific research papers or meeting abstracts, patent applications submitted or not submitted or achievements not yet patented.
3、 Selection process
Before April 30, 2020, the project leader shall sent the filled project application form enclosure.1 and relevant supporting firstname.lastname@example.org with the E-mail title of application for innovative biomedical transformation project + applicant's name.
（2） Form and content review:
The project management department of the Institute will review the relevant materials provided by the applicant, and the passed project will enter the selection process 3.
（3） Expert anonymous review:
The project management department of the Institute will send the project passed in process 2 to experts in relevant fields for anonymous review. The project management department will comprehensively consider the results of expert review and the results of project management team review, selecting excellent projects to enter the project defense phase, and sign relevant confidentiality agreements according to the needs of the project leader.
（4） Project defense
Project defense mainly includes academic evaluation and commercial value evaluation. The academic evaluation investigates the professional qualification of the team and the academic level of the applicant. The commercial value evaluation investigates transformation potential, feasibility and commercialization prospect of theproject. According to the results of expert anonymous review and academic and commercial value evaluation, the expert evaluation team selected innovative biomedical transformation projects with original innovative and industrialization prospects as the objects to be funded. The above results will be submitted to the Management Committee of the Institute for deliberation and approval, the finallist of funded projects will be determined after that.
The final list of funded projects passed by the Management Committee of the Institute will be publicized on the website of the Institute for 5 working days.
（6） Sign project cooperation agreement
After the publicity period, the Institute and the selected project leader sign a project cooperation agreement.
4. Funding and project management
Funding for each innovative biopharmaceutical conversion project is in principle 500,000 yuan-3 million yuan. The project management department will discuss the implementation plan with the project leader and the innovative medical incubation platform technical experts, and finally determine the funding amount and the assessment node.
(2) Project management
According to the results of the assessment node of the project, the funding will be allocated. After passing the node assessment, the next stage of funding will be allocated. The incubation of the project that has not passed the assessment will be terminated. The implementation time of each innovative biomedicine conversion project is 1-3 years.
5. Other requirements
(1) The applicants is responsible for the authenticity of the project materials. Applicants who provided false materials during the application process and defrauded the funding funds shall be disqualified and investigated for the legalresponsibility and the funding.
(2) From the time of receiving the funding to the completion or termination of the project, the funds shall be applied to the project-related activities in accordance with the relevant financial policies and management systems of Zhejiang University and 《The Management Measures of Innovative Biomedical Transformation Projects of Innovative Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Zhejiang University (Yuhang)》
(3)For other requirements, please refer to 《The Management Measures of Innovative Biomedical Transformation Projects of Innovative Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Zhejiang University (Yuhang)》
(4) Innovative Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Zhejiang University (Yuhang) is responsible for explaining the unsettled affairs of project selection and incubation.